Over the last 50 years only few buildings have collapsed due to foundation failure, although it’s a common problem with old buildings excessive differential settlements, which result in cracked walls, moisture inside buildings and many other problems. Considering this for new constructions it can be avoided by giving more attention to:
– Geological data
– Additional settlement calculations, accounting in consolidation settlements if needed
For a proper design it is required:
– To determine a building purpose, probable service-life loading, type of framing, soil profiles, construction methods, and construction costs
– Determining the client/owner’s needs
– Making the design, but ensuring that it does not excessively degrade the environment and provides a margin of safety that produces a tolerable risk level to all parties: for public, for the owner and for engineer
Got any questions?
– All types of foundations design
– Selection of optimal foundation type
Please, don’t hesitate – contact us!
Consultations are free!
Tel.: +370 608 67638 – Lithuania
e-mail: [email protected]